08/08/2013

Dessert Safari, Alwarpet


Dining at Dessert Safari has been my dream for a long time. I kept hearing from almost everyone about the Strawberry Soup. I was also informed about the number of spoons they spread for our use at the table. This was dessert joint I wished I would visit soon. Lucky it happened some time back.


Food:
I was here with a vegetarian friend, which meant I had to stick to getting veg items on the menu and no other go. So we ordered a Veg Strawberry Soup and a Mexican Sandwich. I know that is a small order, ( we had eaten already) and for desserts I had a Mango Mascarpone Panna Cotta  and a Chocolate Trifle Cake.

The Strawberry Soup by itself can be a dessert. It's a cold soup with blend of rich strawberry. I was not able get strawberry pieces so I am guessing a syrup was used in making it. Nevertheless we liked it. It was something new to me. It did remind of the Alblanco at Fresca. The Mexican Sandwich was juicy, crispy and proper yummy sandwich. It had Tomato with Salsa and a heavy dose of cheese, onion and pepper. All the ingredients which I love.




The Desserts on the other hand was little mixed. The Chocolate Trifle cake was really bad. I have had better cakes elsewhere. It tasted as though it was a day old. The Mango Mascarpone Panna Cotta was just brilliant. Fresh mango blended in it, what more could one want?

They do have a dessert buffet priced at Rs 550. Should be worth a try

Ambiance:
The ambiance is actually great, with contemporary mix of modern with English architecture.

Service:
Service is quite fast and they are really great at explaining the dishes.

Price:
This short snack cost us Rs 545/-

Food - 7/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service- 8/10
Price - 7/10

Dessert Safari is located in Teynampet

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places

No comments:

Post a Comment