12/11/2012

Great Kebab Factory, Radisson Blu, Egmore


I know I had said Ayna is the best Indian Fine Dining restaurant, but then if you are a foodie (make that glutton), and one who loves variety and quality then Great Kebab Factory is the place for you. Between Ayna and GKF , the former trumps in it's the ambiance. GFK is not far behind. I saw this really cool tiffin carrier at GFK which was part of the decor, I could only wish, that they would pack me a few of those lovely, delicious Kebabs in it to take home with me. I was at GFK along with my family for the buffet lunch on a weekend, only to notice that we were the only people here. I must say it was a fabulous lunch with all the attention on us.





Food:
Lunch buffet started off with a simple welcome drink- Rooafza . The drink had a light refreshing feel to it. I would have liked a thicker drink, but then again I had atleast 4 of these...The first kebab to be served was the Goluti Kebab. It was served along with a golden fried saffron bread. One touch of it and you know it is perfect. The mutton was mashed to the perfect consistency and shaped into a cutlet. The taste of it is almost similar to the Goluti at Ayna. A few onion rings and a dash of mint chutney, twisted into a roll, wollaa!! thats how you have a Goluti Kebab. Taste - Heavenly. 



Next we were served with a Chicken kebab (name, not able to recollect). This was unlike your other regular kebabs had a nice lemon twist to it. Tastes best with chickpea sauce.


Then we were served with a Sarson Mahi Tikka aka Fish Tikka. The fish was perfectly cooked. But I have had better fish tikka else where. Still this was decent.


In between all this, we were served with buttermilk. Buttermilk is not my favorite drink, so I would not like to comment on it.


Then came a serving of the assorted bread, names of which I am really not able to recollect. Guess I should start making a note of them. The thicker and fatter bread was sweet while the thinner one was full flavored and had a good helping of saffron. Neat and Rich!!...


In between the breads we were served with the Gosht Pyazki Seekh ( Mutton Seekh Kebab) which was very juicy. But it had that mutton and ghee combo smell to it, which was not to my liking.


Finally the last starter Chicken Tikka which was superb, with over powering richness to it. With the end of the starters we  asked the waiter for an another helping of the magnificient Goluti Kebab which he served us immediately.




After the main course, we were soooo stuffed that the entire main course was more like a sampler for us. We were served with some Lacha Parotta accompanied with some amazing Dal Makkani, which is the richest, I have ever had. Also a chicken gravy known as Saag Murgh, which is your palak and chicken combo, which was fabulous. I have always loved palak paneer, so this was even better with chicken in it instead of paneer. What more would I want. I sampled a little of the Gosht Biryani, while the others skipped it. The biryani was heavy with saffron and oozed with richness. But if you are used to the Muslim Biryani's, I would suggest you give it a miss.




Ending the main course, we were served with deserts. Only one portion of each for the entire table of 5. I wondered if they were kidding, only to realize that it was way too heavy for us. Pineapple Kesari was decent and was the least sweet in the entire lot.  Rabdi and Malpua were top notch. The Strawberry Pirini was in between  in the taste and sweetness. Every  desert was rich, as though they were prepared for the royalty. Finally to finish off the scrumptious buffet, we were served with Pan Kulfi, which was beautiful. It balanced out the sweetness of the desert and left a minty aroma in our mouths.

Ambiance:
The ambiance in the restaurant is good and I felt that the sturdy furniture here would last a life time. But a little more deft touches to the decor would be fine and worthy of the superb food served here.

Service:
The service is awesome. The waiters were super courteous, they even give you suggestions on which sauce would compliment which particular type of kebab.

Price:
Priced at Rs 1100/- plus taxes/head for the weekend lunch, is perfect value for money. If you are in the mood for some lip smacking kebabs and would not like to burn a hole in your pocket, this is the place to go! 

PS: Sorry, but I cannot help but say one more time  "The Goluti Kebab is fabulous!"

Food - 8.5/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service - 9/10
Price - 8/10

Great Kebab Factory is located inside Radisson Blu, in Ethiraj Salai.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment